This Week’s Top Stories
- Class action suit claims Siri does not work as advertised
- The battle for supremacy over the “read it later” clients
- Apple hit with antitrust lawsuit over e-book pricing
This Week’s Apple Hails, Stales, and Fails
- Verizon sells 3.2 million iPhone earning $3.91 billion in Q1 of 2012.
- Apple Stores exchanging iPhone 4 models with the 4S due to supply issues.
- Apple releases new Mac App Store app called “Apple Configurator” to assist in the massive deployment and management of iPhones and iPads for business and education.
- Apple updates list of all-time top App Store apps.
- China Mobile reaches 15 million unofficial iPhone users
- New iPad launches in South Korea and several other international markets.
- Apple store performance grosses 16 times more than the average US retail space per square foot.
- Tim Cook named one of Time’s “100 most influential people”.
- Samuel Jackson and Zooey Deschanel start in two new Siri themed commercial.
- Apple to pay Motorola for push email patents relating to iCloud.
- Apple allowed to take fight to Lodsys for patent trolling.
- Apple now asking for ID security questions to minimize account breach risk.
The Rumor Roundup
- New iPhone to use in cell touch panel displays?
- New iPhone to take advantage of liquid metal technology?
- Apple working on a new Smart Cover with Gorillas Glass 2 for iPhone?
- Apple launching a TV streaming service in time for Christmas?
- Apple working on a new audio format that enhances streaming audio quality from AAC to HD without increasing the file size?
- iPad mini set for fall release at less than $300 price point?
- iTunes 11 in development with better iCloud support?
- Has the iPhone lost it’s ground when it comes to being the leader in fusing hardware specs and design?