This Week’s Top Stories
- Apple’s education event
- Jailbreak available for iPhone 4S and iPad 2
- New AT&T data plans
- $20 for 300mb
- $30 for 3GB
- $50 for 5GB
This Week’s Apple Hails, Stales, and Fails
- Apple wins second lawsuit against Samsung.
- Tim Cook speaks out against claims of employee abuse in factories.
- iPhone makes up 80% of all AT&T smartphone sales in Q4
- iPhone makes up >50% of all Verizon smartphones in Q4
- Tim Cook offers huge discounts on Apple devices as part of new employee benefits package.
- Apple hires new chip specialists at Israeli R&D center.
- iTunes 10.5.3 released with support for iBook textbook syncing.
- Apple releases new iBooks and iTunes U apps in the App Store.
- Apple announces new iBook Author app for the Mac.
- iTunes Match now available in 37 countries.
- Apple announces Q1 2012 results:
- 46.33 billion in revenue
- 37.04 million iPhone sold
- 15.43 million iPads sold
- 62 million iOS devices in all sold
- 140 million iTunes downloads
- 1.5 million iPads in education
- 85 million iCloud users
- 550,000 iPhone apps in the App Store
- 170,000 iPad apps in the App Store
- Over 97 Billion in cash
The Rumor Roundup
- Siri powered Apple TV on the way?
- iPhone 5 will not be longer or wider
- Foxconn leaks the iPhone 5 production is for a summer launch
Listener Feedback Question
Will you be jailbreaking your iPhone 4S or iPad 2? Why or why not?