iOSDocked Show Notes
Episode #: 51
Hosts: Joe Lombardo, Clay Russell, Jerry Goldbaum, Jordan Patterson and Donny Benfield
We appreciate all the positive feedback on Twitter that receive from our dedicated listening audience. If you would take the time to leave that same positive feedback in the form of a review on iTunes, we would be even more grateful as that would in turn get us into the ears of many new listeners. Please take just a minute to pause the podcast and leave us a quick review. Thank you.
Game Center Showdown
Last week’s showdown featured this game: Pivvot
Last week’s rankings among the crew:
1st: Jerry Goldbaum with 139 seconds
2nd: Donny Benfield with 107 seconds
3rd: Clay Russell with 75 seconds
4th: Joe Lombardo with 12 seconds
Last: Jordan Patterson with 0 seconds
Honorable Mentions: Danny Tammaro with a whopping 172 seconds and Samuel Strickland with 111 seconds
This week’s showdown features this game: Plants vs. Zombies 2
- Surprise! Beta 6 released!
- Vevo working on TV app for the Apple TV
- Work continues on iTunes Radio as Apple requests cover art from internet radio stations
- Apple aquires Matcha.tv
The Rumor Roundup (iDream Segment)
- iPhone 5S to get Sapphire-Covered Convex home button
- iPhone to come in 3rd color option, champagne anyone?
- Is the Apple board pushing Tim Cook to innovate faster?
Hails, Stales and Fails (Rapid-fire Segment)
- Apple launches 3rd party USB charger replacement program
- Apple stock hits the $500 mark and grows $100 billion in just 48 days
- Apple to launch 24/7 chat support website
- Apple has a new commercial: “Face Time Every Day”
- Apple teases Mac Pro release by putting an ad in movie theaters
- App Store “Kids Categories” coming
- iCloud.com gets the iOS 7 look
- T-Mobile looking to see more Apple products
Random Tech Story
- The JOBS review by Clay Russell and Jerry Goldbaum
- Joe: iLike - Netflix Profiles
- Clay: iDislike- email apps in the App Store
- Jerry: CBS Local
- Jordan: Editorial
- Donny: Roku 3 (Apple Needs to Step the Game up)
Last Week’s Listener Feedback Question
- Will you be willing to repurchase previously owned apps on your iOS 7 device?
- @Chrisoldroyd tweets: yep, as long as they keep innovating and producing great apps . I have no problem as they are so cheap anyway.
- @pstockton tweets: yes the devs have mouths and families to feed like the rest of us
- @roburwin tweets: I will be re-purchasing my favorite apps when iOS 7 arrives
This Week’s Roundtable/Listener Feedback Question
- What will the next iPhone need to have in order for you to upgrade?
Where you can reach the iOSDocked crew
- Joe - @apollo4090 on twitter or google+ or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clay - @clayrussell on twitter, clayrussell.me on Google+ , blogs on iPhonaddict.com or email email@example.com
- Jordan - @JordanPatterson on twitter or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jerry - @JNGold on twitter, blogs on techmusings.me or email email@example.com
- Donny - @DonnyBenfield on twitter or email
Please subscribe to the show in iTunes and take the time to leave us a review and comment.
You can leave us a voicemail with your comments or questions at (708) 620-4737 (iPDP).
Check out our website at www.iOSDocked.net
We thank you all for listening! Goodbye!