iOSDocked Show Notes
Episode #: 41
Hosts: Joe Lombardo, Clay Russell, Jerry Goldbaum, Jordan Patterson and Donny Benfield
Site News and Giveaways
You may notice we have a new retina ready iOSDocked iTunes friendly logo for the podcast. We say iTunes friendly because our actual logo has a drawing of a device that looks too much like an iPhone and Apple has made it clear that they don’t like it when people create things that look like their things. If you like the new logo for the iTunes podcast feed, let us know. If you don’t, let us know and I will get Jordan to fix our old one to meet the the new artwork specifications in iTunes. Either way, we would like for our listeners to tweet us a vote. If you use a 3rd party podcast player that allows you to use custom artwork and you would like to use our website logo for the podcast, tweet me and I will send it over to you.
Game Center Showdown
Last week’s showdown featured this game: Ridiculous Fishing
Last week’s rankings among the crew:
1st: Jordan Patterson: 1376 meters
2nd: Jerry Goldbaum: 1161 meters
Honorable Mention: Samuel Strickland: 1349 meters
1st: Jordan Patterson: $21,641
2nd: Jerry Goldbaum: $14,261
Honorable Mention: Samuel Strickland: $19,200
This week’s showdown features this game: Danger Boat
- T-Mobile USA just announced that the iPhone is coming to their network on April 12
- Apple offers 2-step verification method for Apple ID
- Has Apple’s Podcast app been improved enough to be a top contender?
- Kevin Lynch leaves Adobe for Apple
- AT&T confirms HD Voice coming this year
The Rumor Roundup (iDream Segment)
- The iRadio music subscription service rumors are back
- Apple working on Ultra HD 4K TV Set for release by 2014
Hails, Stales and Fails (Rapid-fire Segment)
- Apple adds “Why You’ll Love iPad” section to their website.
- Twitteriffic 5 gets updated with push notifications
- Flipboard 2.0 released with new feature allowing you to create your own custom magazines
- Apple now offering next day shipping on all iPhone models in US
- Google+ sees update adding more features
- Apple adds “Offers In App Purchases” warning in iTunes App Store
- For the 9th straight year, Apple leads J.D. Power Smartphone Satisfaction survey
- Apple TV gets updated with newly designed Hulu Plus
- Apple releases 6.1.3
Random Tech Story
- Donny puts the HTC 8X Windows Phone through it’s paces
- @IrunMunk tweets: definitely agree that iOS needs a refresh and mini updates along the way before a major-mind-blowing upgrade. Cheers
- @IrunMunk tweets: btw half way through @iOSDocked EP040 and liking the commentary on Samsung vs. Apple
Last Week’s Listener Feedback Question
What stock mobile iOS would most benefit from a UI/function refresh?
- @gevans86 tweets: the Springboard
- @andyj1927 tweets: notes, calculator and reminders
- @deemota tweets: tie between mail and messages
- @chrisoldroyd tweets: Messages, Calendar, Music, Contacts and Weather. All pretty rubbish and in desperate need of an update.
- @Snappnapps tweets: How about Contacts for the iPad. They went overboard on the skeuomorphic design
- @m4lmx tweets: GameCenter
- @dmtammaro tweets: calendar to b more like sunrise or fantastical. Contacts to b like cue, shows history with that contact
This Week’s Roundtable/Listener Feedback Question
What is the most important feature you most want to see on a wearable computing device from Apple?
Where you can reach the iOSDocked crew
- Joe - @apollo4090 on twitter or google+ or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clay - @clayrussell on twitter, clayrussell.me on Google+ , blogs on iPhonaddict.com or email email@example.com
- Jordan - @JordanPatterson on twitter or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jerry - @JNGold on twitter, blogs on techmusings.me or email email@example.com
- Donny - @DonnyBenfield on twitter or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please subscribe to the show in iTunes and take the time to leave us a review and comment.
You can leave us a voicemail with your comments or questions at (708) 620-4737 (iPDP).
Check out our website at www.iOSDocked.net
We thank you all for listening! Goodbye!