Please be sure to check out the latest episode of the iOSDocked. Please visit the site for all the show notes and the other information.
Check out Gadget Gurus Network for our network’s other great podcasts!
This week my "i-Like" (pick of the week) was BiteSMS. I have mentioned this app numerous times before, either on Twitter or in my blog posts, but I haven't made it an official "i-Like" until now. This app is the be-all/end-all of SMS applications. It's feature set is surpassed by none. Some may be a bit overwhelmed with all the options but I found the learning curve to be quite acceptable given the lengthy list of options. Here is a rundown of the feature set:
1) The ability to use BiteSMS as a standalone app or override the built-in Messages app on your iPhone. (Also uses the native Messages icon if you choose to do so.)
2) The ability to choose to use your standard messaging plan or a different and possibly more affordable plan throught BiteSMS and the use of credits.
3) Quick Compose and Quick Reply functionality without ever leaving your home screen or even lock screen. (No more pulling you out of your app and into the Messages app. This is my favorite and most used feature.)
4) Auto-forward all incoming SMS messages to another device. (This is perfect for people who have two phones and don't want to miss any important messages.)
5) Schedule SMS messsages to be sent at a time of your choosing.
6) Find yourself texting the same message repeatedly? Try using the built-in template functionality.
7) Attach a signature to the your outgoing text messages.
8) Retry on failed send.
9) Works with iMessage and will pick iMessage as default option for SMS if possible.
10) Works with Google Voice extension tweaks so that you can send text messages using your Google Voice number as the caller I.D.
11) Finally, you can have contact pictures in your message threads. (nice touch)
With all these features, you won't be dissapointed. I guarantee you will like it as much as "i-Like" it.