The TEKSide Blog

iOSDocked - EP068 - Comfortably Numb/i-Like Checkmark 2 for iPhone

Please be sure to check out the latest episode of the iOSDocked. Please visit the iOSDocked website for all the show notes and the other information.

Listen to Episode or visit us in iTunes.

This week my "i-Like" (pick of the week) was Checkmark 2 for iPhone

I am a productivity junkie. And while I use Omnifocus for 95% of my project and task management needs, Checkmark 2 is there for the remaining 5% of my todo list. Checkmark 2 does one thing extremely well. It reminds you to do things as you arrive or depart from a destination. What really makes the app special, is that you can set timers based off of your arrival and departure times. 

For example: When I leave home, I need to be reminded to pick up the laundry. But as I begin my drive, other things enter my mind and before I know it, I've forgotten all about the laundry. Enter Checkmark 2. Now I can set up a notification, that reminds me to pick up my laundry exactly 5 minutes after leaving home. This notification event is triggered at precisely the perfect time. Checkmark 2 has found it's way to my home screen for just this reason. 

There are other features that make Checkmark 2 a good option for you as a Reminders or List Making application but what sets it apart are the timed geofenced notifications. The app is a little on the costly side but I find it to be a value with what it offers. So add this to your todo list and download Checkmark 2 in the App Store for $9.99.