Migrating from one ecosystem to another is no an easy task when you are as OCD as I am. If I am going to do this right, I need to go in all the way. Here is a quick breakdown of what my ecosystem migration todo list:
- Clean up all existing 1200+ contacts in iCloud and migrate to Google Contacts. My contacts are a mess and this will take a couple days to do right.
- Clean up and sync all bookmarks in Safari with Google Chrome.
- Set up all new calendars in Google Calendars and copy and paste existing entries from iCloud.
- Move my entire iPhoto library to Picasa web albums.
- Upload my entire iTunes music database to Google's All Access services.
So day 4 has been spent cleaning up my contact database. I don't even think I turned the Note 3 on today. But as soon as I get these contacts cleaned up, I look forward to syncing the Note 3 and then adding my Google+, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn contacts and linking them all together.
These tasks I have lined up are not fun but necessary if I am going to fully commit to this change in my mobile computing lifestyle.